Sunday 6 September 2009

Crafty Competition Results


The results from the Crafty Computer Paper competition are in, and I’m pleased to say that I managed to achieve a ‘Highly Commended’ result for my submission to the advanced section. Two of my creations are featured on their website within the video, the 1:87 Scania rigid with HIAB that I finished in the livery of a fictional builder's merchant - 'Bricking It'. The vehicle was converted to right-hand drive, detailed and a load of bricks finished the model off.

The truck is seen here at Valkova Road as it makes slow progress down the busy High Street. The driver will later be pulled over for not securing the HIAB jib securely before setting off - it must have been like this all day at the exhibition, but I never noticed at the time!

The second vehicle was the Geo Adams Actros fridge artic that featured in my own article about using Crafty products.


Both vehicles are destined to appear at the Peterborough model railway exhibition in October, where I will be demonstrating how to use the decals, as well undertaking a variety of demos for Ten Commandments products on the Saturday. Jobs are stacking up for this exhibition; the demo unit 'The Plank' is making slow progress, whilst I have started painting the old style factory units that I received last week. These are incredibly fiddly, I have to say. I much prefer to create buildings from kits or plain materials, as this enables individual items such as doors and window frames to be painted prior to fitting - all these individual panes of glass featured on these models have not generated an awful lot of enthusiasm so far. Talk about going square eyed!


2 comments:

  1. Well done for the "Highly Commended"! Your entry is funny and original...I can imagine that livery in real life. The Hiab hiccup is something most non-truck people wouldn't notice I guess...they are all looking keenly to see if there are the right number of bolts on the class 47's bogies...
    Oh, and the Merc Actros is looking nice. That's definitely my truck of choice.
    Good luck with the castings. In my experience, the brickwork comes out looking superb but the windows are always a headache. Hope you manage without too much hair tearing. Looking forward to seeing "The Plank" near completion, too. That promises to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Iain - yes, of course, no one would notice the lorry at all - I remember at this year's Nottingham Show there was an absolutely perfect 4mm layout - but all the vehicles on this London based layout were driving on the right hand side of the road! I think all too often that perfection is limited to within the railway fences, and what's outside doesn't seem to matter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails