Friday 10 July 2009

Transporter of Delight

Whilst digging around for materials to use on ‘The Plank’, I came across this car transporter I purchased a while ago from Contikits. It bears similarities to the vehicle that I drive at work, so it is an ideal project to work on.


However, in order to replicate my own vehicle, I need to change the Mercedes Benz cab to that from an Iveco Cargo. Fortunately, I just happen to have a tractor unit of an Iveco lying around, so I have now earmarked these vehicles for a bit of ‘bashing’ during the summer, and aim to have the completed lorry ready for display at Peterborough exhibition.


As well as a cab transplant, the bodywork needs a respray into our company dark blue, as well as creating a set of decals for the logo using the techniques in my previous post: A Crafty Way to Create Waterslide Decals. To complete the effect, a load of second hand cars all ready to go to auction will be loaded onboard – and if I use Herpa cars, the value will be around the same!

2 comments:

  1. You could model a set-piece...the lorry parked up in the yard and Barry Scott attempting to wash it with Cilit Bang...cut puddles out of the road and fill with varnish...airbrush the unwashed bits of the truck with grime ...oh, sorry, I'm getting carried away now.

    Great conversion, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic idea Iain, it would make a great diorama and something different, as well as a really personal model. Thanks for that, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails